Mackey Warning (Miranda Warning)
- You have the right to remain silent when talking with a debt collector.
- Anything you say can and will be used against you.
- You have the right to speak to an attorney.
- You are under no obligation to speak or listen to a debt collector.
- You have the right to have a debt collector prove that the item(s) is/are yours. This proof must be in written form.
- You do not have to prove your innocence –they have to prove your guilt.
Find out from the author of the book, Debt Collectors: Lies, Damn Lies and Deceit, how the debt collection process should really function: How debt is bought and sold (through an Excel spreadsheet), how much debt collectors pay for the debt, the Dun letter,your right to challenge, medical debt,how they find you, how to talk to a debt collector, what to do if they hound you, and much more. Read transcripts of real debt collector phone calls.